People tend to have this assumption that directly hiring a maid from the Philippines is difficult. However, hiring a helper may not be as complicated as others have told you. There are some lengthy procedures and formalities you need to complete, and that’s it.
How Can You Hire A Maid Directly From The Philippines?
The Philippines government has made it mandatory to go through a registration process before working abroad. The employment Administration (POEA) is the one who conducts the registration process.
The POEA will provide the maid with an exit visa known as the overseas employment certificate (OEC). Thus, after finding a prospective helper, you must engage with an agency that is POEA-accredited. With the help of a Filipino maid agency in Singapore, you can get through the hectic process.
What Should You Keep In Mind While Hiring A Maid From The Philippines?
- The maid should be able to stay with your family for a long time. That is one advantage of direct hiring, so make sure you’re hiring a person who intends to stay for longer.
- You should expect the maid to have experience and stay comfortable taking care of children, the elderly, or any sick family member. The maid should know her job and be responsible.
- The maid you are hiring from the Philippines should be reliable. The maid will live with your children and should be no harm to them. You should expect your maid to be trustworthy.
What Is The Process Of Hiring A Filipino Maid?
- You should be aware of the requirements and legal procedures set by the government.
- The Ministry of manpower has set some requirements for employers you need to meet before hiring a maid.
- Should not have been recently bankrupt.
- You need to be 21 years old or above.
- You must understand that an employer also has responsibilities.
- You should be financially stable to hire a maid.
- The employer must meet with a POEA accredited Filipino maid agency in Singapore to apply to hiring a helper.
- To file for the application, you need to show your valid documents, including:
- IPA (approval from the Ministry of Manpower)
- A copy of the helper’s passport.
- POLO employment contract
- A copy of your ID (employer)
- An undertaking letter of the Filipino maid agency in Singapore.
- Search for a maid and when you have shortlisted a few candidates, start interviewing them.
- To avoid any inconveniences during the hiring process, make sure you have fulfilled all the requirements. Every document should be ready, and your approvals need to be granted on time. That includes work permits, education requirements, etc.
- To apply to hiring a maid from the Philippines, you will need a maid agency in Singapore to help you with all the paperwork. They will help you throughout the administrative process. After getting the MOM approval and submitting all necessary documents, you need to book a flight for your maid to Singapore and allow luggage of 20kg. If you are hiring for the first need, you need to complete the employer orientation program. Then you need to ensure an insurance policy for your maid. Your maid will have to pass a medical exam and get a work permit.
- Once you complete all of this, present the documents to POEA. If they accept them, they will allow you to hire your maid.
What Services Are Offered By Filipino Maid Agencies In Singapore?
If you are looking for a Filipino maid agency in Singapore that provides the best services, check out Homekeeper maid agency. Here are some of our services:
1. You can select a helper from our database:
We make direct hiring less time consuming and more convenient for you. You can go through our database and select a maid that suits your requirements.
2. We offer pre-employment training programs:
We test our maids through pre-employment training programs. We provide you with knowledgeable and experienced maids.
3. Insurance of your helper:
We work with reputable insurance companies that provide fair coverage for house helpers. The insurance policy covers hospital expenses and many other things.
4. We take care of all the paperwork:
Your maid requires a work permit to start working for you. We help you by doing all the paperwork on your behalf and save you from the hassle.
Are you also looking for a trustworthy and experienced Filipino maid agency in Singapore? Contact Home Keeper Maid agency to make your life easier. We reduce all your workload with our reliable and efficient services.
Save your time by contacting Homekeeper Maid agency via email at email@example.com or our business number 6468 5220.